December 1st 2010
US retailers trying to wean selves off discounts after Black Friday. Not too happy with this as a pricing strategy. All speaks to recent posts on Pricing strategy.
Vancouver Sun Article today , http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/retailers+contemplate+bargain+busting/3909636/story.html
Discounts are like a drug addiction.
The problem is…we have to be able to make money
- New Research: Black Friday Bust May Be Caused By Earlier Discounts (247wallst.com)
- U.S. retailers slow discounts after ‘Black Friday’ (reuters.com)
- Black Friday Bleeds Into Cyber Monday As Retailers Roll Into December (forbes.com)
- ‘Black Friday week’ now ‘Black Friday month’ (msnbc.msn.com)
- Need a pricing strategy? Fire a customer. National Post Dec 7 2010
- Pricing survey indicates you are dropping prices, but for the right reasons? Part 1.
- Does finance still set your prices? Pricing panel part 7.
- Coffee- A new way of looking at it
- So what can a CEO, Marketer, Salesperson, or CFO do to improve your pricing? Pricing part 11