November 15th 2010
Do More Great Work. Stop the busy work and start the work that matters.Michael Bungay Stanier. 2010. ISBN 9780761156444. This is the expanded book that follows Find Great Work, I reviewed Get Unstuck and Get Going and this is a worthwhile adjunct to it. The book has utility for the employed and self employed. I think it speaks strongest to those who seek to get going in an organization. For the legions of Gen Y and Millennials out there, here is the what color is your parachute, for your generation. Short and concise the book is a very useful read, full of get-to-the-point-quickly activities. Check out his website, domoregreatwork.com
- Work Smart Video: When to Hold and When to Fold (smarterware.org)
- Work Smart 2: What Projects Are Worth Working On (fastcompany.com)
- Work S mart 2: How Do You Know When to Kill a Project? (fastcompany.com)
- Focus: My new book on simplicity in the age of distractions (zenhabits.net)
- Personal Branding Interview: Paul Sullivan (personalbrandingblog.com)
- Person al Branding Interview: Marcus Buckingham (personalbrandingblog.com)
- microMarketing. get big results by Thinking and Acting Small. Greg Verdino
- Part 2 in learning about selling
- Mojo. How to get it, how to keep it, how to get it back if you lose it. Marshall Goldsmith
- The Trophy Kids Grow Up. How the millennial generation is shaking up the workplace. Ron Alsop.
- Smart Cities. Big Data, Civic backers, and the quest for a new utopia. Antony M. Townsend.