November 8th 2010
Built to Sell. Turn your business into one you can sell. John Warrillow. 2010. ISBN 9780986480300. Written as a business story, this is written as a clear blueprint for anyone owning a service business to turn his “baby” into a sellable product company. If you already have a product company, there is still a tremendous amount of work involved to make it salable. Well written, with very clear guidance and metrics presented to the reader. You will rip right through this one, but it hits well above its weight class. This is due to the success of the author in selling his own businesses.
- Personal Branding Interview: John Warrillow (personalbrandingblog.com)
- What’s Your Number? (inc.com)
- 4 Reasons Big Companies Buy Little Ones (inc.com)
- Sabbatical by the boss leads to attempted takeover (theglobeandmail.com)
- Three ways to find out what your business is worth (theglobeandmail.com)
- Trader Joe’s flirts with being bigger over better (theglobeandmail.com)
- How to Build a Bulletproof Company Culture (inc.com)
- In side a $25 million game of chicken (theglobeandmail.com)
- Test your company’s value by going on vacation (theglobeandmail.com)
- Duct Tape Selling. Think like a marketer- Sell like a superstar. John Jantsch
- The Confession. John Grisham.
- Killing Giants. 10 strategies to topple the Goliath in your industry. Stephen Denny.
- The Speed Traders. Edgar Perez. A guest post by Nora McCallum of Scotia McLeod
- Account Planning in Salesforce. Unlock revenue from big customers to turn them into bigger customers. Donal Daly.