October 12th 2010
Practical Pricing. Translating pricing theory into sustainable profit improvement. Michael Calogridis.
Practical Pricing. Translating pricing theory into sustainable profit improvement. Michael Calogridis.2010. ISBN 9780230614604. A different book on the subject than Thomas Nagles. Calogridis gets you very quickly into the hows of pricing and gives the reader very useful tools to display the concepts to others clearly and efficiently. It works well as a first serious book on pricing and reads quickly and easily. I really enjoyed his “here’s how to do this” style and his obvious experience with how utterly unprepared companies are to make strategic pricing decisions. It is not always the sales guys fault that they ask for all those discounts to get the sale. There are numerous approaches, tactics and assumptions that companies can use to be fully ready well before the sales guy has to sell. Once sales guys sell (and get comp’d) on value, they will start to complain about all the ways the company fails to deliver on their value promise, which will make you a better company.
- Getting Your Pricing Right – A BCTIA Panel Discussion in Vancouver (leveragepoint.com)
- Resources on Value Management for Product Development, Pricing, Marketing and Sales (leveragepoint.com)
- Sales and Marketing Alignment (demandmetric.com)
- The Strategy and Tactics of Pricing. A guide to growing more profitably. Thomas T. Nagle, John E. Hogan, Joseph Zale.
- Does finance still set your prices? Pricing panel part 7.
- When does the customer first ask about price? Pricing part 2.
- Smart Pricing. How Google, Priceline, and leading businesses use pricing. Kagmohan Raju & Z. John Zhang.
- Value-Based Pricing. Harry MacDivitt & Mike Wilinson.