September 13th 2010
The New Launch Plan. 152 tips, tactics and trends from the most memorable new products. Joan Schneider & Julie Hall.
The New Launch Plan. 152 tips, tactics and trends from the most memorable new products. Joan Schneider & Julie Hall.2010. ISBN 0615326781. This book is chock full of very good information. It is a bible for best practices for product launches. The authors ran annual surveys n the most memorable product launches . Results are listed on http://mmnpl.wordpress.com/. For our practice in B2B in the high tech world the bulk of the examples were in the retail sector, but there was a great discussion about Tweetdeck. Any marketer worth their PR ribbons must read this book. I found the chapters on success and metrics to be of great value. Some useful quotes:
- The First Moment of Truth has moved from the retail shelves to the Internet/Facebook and blogs.
- Supply shock is creating a product that is required by customers, not a choice (ie flu vaccine)
- If you create key messages without a framework you wil be mired in wordsmithing before you know it.
- Media members are short staffed, covering multiple beats – it behooves you to help them as much as possible
- Social media is another form of online customer service – do it well or do not do it
Well written and easy to get through. Good one for a 3 hr plane ride.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Introducing The NEW Launch Plan, a Business Book for Brand and Marketing Professionals, Created by New Product Launch Specialists (eon.businesswire.com)
- Schneider Associates Celebrates 30 Years of Launch Public Relations (eon.businesswire.com)
- New Product Launch Specialists Ready to Comment on New Apple iPad Launch (eon.businesswire.com)
- Experts Available to Discuss iPad Demand Outpacing Supply (eon.businesswire.com)
- The Experience Effect. Engage your customers with a consistent and memorable brand experience. Jim Joseph.
- I draw your attention to a Rocket Academy workshop. The Product Launch Workshop
- Real-Time Marketing & PR. How to instantly engage your market, connect with customers, and create products that grow your business now. David Meerman Scott.
- What Women Want. The global market turns female friendly. Paco Underhill
- Flip The Funnel. How to use existing customers to gain new ones. Joseph Jaffe.