July 8th 2010
People Buy You. The real secret to what matters most in business. Jeb Blount. 2010. ISBN 9780470599112. The person behind SalesGravy.com and Sales Guy audio and video on selling, Blount knows what he is talking about. As he was looking at current thinking on sales he realized that many long held sales beliefs were myths that needed debunking. Myths such as :
- Friends buy from friends
- People but from people they like (But they don’t buy from people they dislike)
- You have to sell yourself
Rather you need to:
- Be likable
- Solve problems
- Build trust
- Create positive emotional experiences
His solving problems chapter is one of the better ones I have read lately. This is a short , concise and clearly written book. And it is true, people do buy you. Younger folks would do well to read his section on Brand You.
Related articles by Zemanta
- 50 Tips to Help You Sell More (businesspundit.com)
- Hoover’s Webinar to Reveal What Sales Professionals Need to Know to Succeed in a Recovering Economy – “Top Three Selling Lessons from the Recession” (eon.businesswire.com)
- Miller Heiman Launches Advanced Concepts℠ for Strategic Selling Online Multi-Media Tool Empowering Sales Teams, Managers to Improve Performance (prweb.com)
- You Lose Because Of What You Don’t Do (customerthink.com)
- The numbers in selling just do not work
- People Follow You. The real secret to what matters most in leadership. Jeb Blount.
- Make the Sale Happen Before Lunch/ The Power of Positive Selling. Stephan Schiffman
- Marketing automation (MA) likely a really bad idea for you.
- Slow Down, Sell Faster! understand your customer’s buying process and maximize your sales. Kevin Davis.