May 24th 2010
A Walk in the Woods. Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail. Bill Bryson. 2007. ISBN 9780307279460. Bill Bryson can write about pimples and make it hilarious. This 2000 plus mile trail was the object of his romantic desire to hike the length. Along the way of his hop scotch coverage of under 900 miles you enjoy the breadth of his humour and travails. Good four hour read, very enjoyable.
Related articles by Zemanta
- At Home: A Short History of Private Life by Bill Bryson: review (telegraph.co.uk)
- Book Review: Born to Run (teamcrossworld.com)
- How come forks have four tines? (kottke.org)
- Some weekend Bill Bryson reading (americablog.com)
- Bill Bryson’s Icons of England: A trip down memory lane (telegraph.co.uk)
- Vintage quality Bill Bryson – and it’s brand new… (trueslant.com)
- At Home: A Short History of Private Life. Bill Bryson
- Made in America. An informal history of the english language in the United States. Bill Bryson
- Off the Tourist Trail. 1000 unexpected travel alternatives. fwd by Bill Bryson
- One Summer: America, 1927, Bill Bryson
- Shakespeare. The world as a stage. Bill Bryson.