April 28th 2010
The 1 % Windfall. How successful companies use price to profit and grow. Rafi Mohammed. 2010. ISBN 9780061684326. Rafi is the guru on pricing as he has been consulting on it for over 20 years. His previous book , The Art of Pricing, was a good book, but this one goes much further into the topic with great examples , worksheets and a step by step plan for a pricing strategy . Did you know that when it comes to pricing there are :
- Four fundamental pricing strategies
- Fifty pricing tactics
- Two offensive pricing blossom (his model) strategies
- Six defensive pricing blossom strategies and
- Thirteen culture-of-profit principles?
This is a very thorough study and it is so clearly written that you can read it like a novel. I could not put this one down. It is the best writing on pricing I have ever come across. if you run a business you need this book.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Value Proposition Of Thomas Jackson (slideshare.net)
- The Art of Pricing: How to find the hidden profits in your business. Rafi Mohammed.
- Value-Based Pricing. Harry MacDivitt & Mike Wilinson.
- Pricing and Profitability Management. A practical guide for business leaders. Meehan, Simonetto, Montan & Goodin.
- Being Strategic. Plan for success;out-think your competitors;stay ahead of change. Erika Anderson
- Value Proposition Design. How to create products and services customers want. Osterwalder, Pigneur, Bernarda & Smith