April 14th 2010
managing IT as a business. A survival guide for CEOs. Mark D. Lutchen. 2004. ISBN 0471471046. A colleague ( Vicki Price Wright) gifted me this excellent book. It is a PWC publication and reflects the high standards of PWC consulting. Chuck full of short pithy case studies this provides a very fertile ground where a business leader can learn how to grow his skills. It is not for the faint of heart, nor the casual reader since this book requires a time commitment to really reap the benefits, it is that thorough. IT also provides a good insight into the IT environments/challenges of very large companies. The stories and graphics are illustrative and are essential to your learning. I was pleased that PWC did not use the text to proselytize one little bit. Thank you Vicki.
- How to Sell at Margins Higher Than Your Competitors: Winning every sale at full price, rate or fee. Lawrence L. Steinmetz & William T. Brooks
- Slow Down, Sell Faster! understand your customer’s buying process and maximize your sales. Kevin Davis.
- Consultative Selling. The Hanan formula for high-margin sales at high levels. 8th Ed. Mack Hanan
- Million Dollar Launch. How to kickstart a successful consulting practice in 90 days.Alan Weiss.
- The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership. Jeffrey K. Liker & Gary L. Convis.