April 12th 2010
Putting the Public Back in Public Relations. How social media is reinventing the aging business of PR. Brian Solis & Deirdre Breakenridge.
Putting the Public Back in Public Relations. How social media is reinventing the aging business of PR. Brian Solis & Deirdre Breakenridge. 2009. ISBN 9780137150694. The two authors have served their time as PR pros and have written a very definitive book on how to meld PR with the social media to create much stronger customer/reader conversation. From mentions of the beginning pof PR in 1906 through to the most recent innovations this is a very good book. It makes good use of case studies, examples and market truths. As well it is a good easy read. I especially enjoyed the very thorough treatment of metrics which show numerous ways to bring ROI to the social media space as well as accountability to PR. A must have book for your marketing dept. In our practise we stress teh effectiveness of good PR to your customers, investors, prospects and employees. It certainly beats out advertising on every level.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Q&A: Personal vs. Professional Branding in Social MEdia (briansolis.com)
- 34 Unforgettable Posts for PR People (nextcommunications.blogspot.com)
- Re-Purposing Public Relations (socialmediatoday.com)
- TweetReach Partners with Brian Solis and FutureWorks to Measure the Effectiveness of Their Twitter Programs (eon.businesswire.com)
- Engage! The complete guide for brands and businesses to build, cultivate and measure success in the new web. Brian Solis
- The End of Business as Usual. Brian Solis.
- Social Nation. How to harness the power of social media to attract customers, motivate employees & grow your business. Barry Libert
- Social Media Analytics. Effective tools for building, interpreting 7 using metrics. Marshall Sponder.
- Secrets of Social Media Marketing. How to use online conversations and customer communities to turbo charge your business. Paul Gillin
One Response to: “Putting the Public Back in Public Relations. How social media is reinventing the aging business of PR. Brian Solis & Deirdre Breakenridge.”