March 12th 2010
Kara Kush. A novel of Afghanistan. Idries Shah2002 ISBN 1585673218. If you want to read a great war novel that gives real insight into Afghanistans ancient culture, read this book. I almost could not put it down as it really holds your attention and brings you right there. If you have ever wondered how the Afghans were able to push the Russians out, this book has your answer. Perfect book for a cruise or a long flight – the 560 pp do not miss a beat.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Afghan plea for ‘no proxy wars’ (news.bbc.co.uk)
- Gates: Iran support for Taliban ‘pretty limited’ (ctv.ca)
- In Kabul, Iranian President Says U.S. Mission in Afghanistan Will Fail (nytimes.com)
- Happy Soviet Withdrawal Day, Afghanistan! (trueslant.com)
- The Iran Threat. President Ahmadinejad and the coming nuclear crisis. Alireza Jafarzadeh.
- Stones Into Schools. Promoting peace with books, not bombs, in afghanistan and pakistan. Greg Mortensen
- Three Cups of Tea. One man’s mission to promote peace…one school at a time. Greg Mortenson & David oliver relin.
- The truth about wall street and government fraud. Gunther Karger
- Bin Laden. The man who declared war on America. Yossef Bodansky