January 26th 2010
Rocket Builders Reveals Success of the 2009 ‘Ready to Rocket 25’ List
Despite challenging economic conditions, companies on 2009 Ready to
Rocket List have breakthrough growth and drive employment
VANCOUVER, BC – January 26, 2010 –
Each year, Rocket Builders releases a report card of the previous year’s
Ready to Rocket list in conjunction with the announcement of the next
year’s Ready to Rocket list.
Companies on the 2009 list far exceeded the performance of the economy
and the technology sector as a whole (which grew at close to 3% to 4% last
“The average growth rate across the 25 companies on our list was 75%
revenue growth with 9 companies more than doubling their 2008 revenue
performance.” said Geoffrey Hansen, Managing Partner at Rocket Builders.
“Equally impressive was the 900 employees employed by these companies
and the 11% average headcount growth representing new jobs created
despite the slow economy.”
This data is consistent with economic forecasts predicting “small
businesses” as they key drivers of new jobs in the current economy.
Many economists are reporting an “asymmetric recovery” for the economy,
meaning that some industry sectors will recover much sooner than others.
“With many of the Ready to Rocket companies being vertically focused, we
observe their growth to vary across industry focus” said Reg Nordman,
Managing Partner at Rocket Builders, “We noted that some companies saw
good quarters all through 2009, while others saw increasing performance
in the latter part of the year. In fact, some companies observed record lows
and highs for their recent company history within the 2009 year.”
Another positive performance indicator was the financial positions and
investment and acquisition activity observed:
- Neoteric was acquired by a US company in April of 2009
- 10 of the 25 companies received significant investment capital in 2009
- many companies reported a record quarter in the 4th quarter of the 2009 calendar year
- many companies that did not receive investment are operating as profitable companies
For details on the ‘Ready to Rocket 25” list and the “Emerging Rockets”
lists, please visit http://www.readytorocket.com
About Ready to Rocket
Ready to Rocket is a unique business recognition list that profiles
technology companies with the greatest potential for revenue growth. Each
year, based on analysis of trends that will drive growth in the technology
sector, Rocket Builders identifies twenty-five (25) private companies that
are best positioned to capitalize on the trends for growth.
This selection methodology has been an accurate predictor of growth with “Ready to
Rocket” companies exceeding the industry growth rate. Also, many of
these companies raise investment capital and each year many of the
profiled “Ready to Rocket’ companies are acquired.
“Ready to Rocket” is a trademark of Rocket Builders, a respected management consulting firm
servicing the technology industry. To qualify for the ‘Ready to Rocket 25’
list, companies must have a fully commercialized technology and some
customer traction with their products. Potential candidates for the list are
then mapped against the key trends identified by Rocket Builders
About Rocket Builders
Rocket Builders is a management consulting firm providing sales and
marketing services. With a focus on helping technology companies to grow
and prosper, Rocket Builders has a proven track record of success with its
clients. Since 2000, we have been engaged in market research, market
planning, business development initiatives, strategic selling, and product
launches for over 200 organizations.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Business Conditions Best in Two Years, 60-Day Outlook “Robust”; Majority of Businesses Now Focusing on Growth, Tatum Survey Says (eon.businesswire.com)
- Survey Finds Small Businesses Hiring, Pay Increases on the Rise in New England in 2010 (eon.businesswire.com)
- 6 Marketing Tips to Help Small Technology Businesses Increase Revenue in 2010 (prweb.com)
- Rocket Builders Names Top 25 Technology Companies to the 2010 ‘Ready to Rocket 25’ List
- Last call for Nominations for ICT Companies for 2011 Ready to Rocket list
- Geoffrey Hansen and Reg Nordman founded Rocket Bui…
- 7-25 Decision Makers on $25K plus sales deals these days.
- Precision Sales and Marketing is more than getting better at selling