January 20th 2010
Selling to the C-suite : what every executive wants you to know about successfully selling to the top. Nicholas A.C. Read and Stephen J. Bistritz
Selling to the C-suite : what every executive wants you to know about successfully selling to the top. Nicholas A.C. Read and Stephen J. Bistritz. 2010. ISBN 9780071628914. This is the next read in your growth as a super sales person titled listen to the words of the client. The authors did exhaustive interviews with executives as to what they wanted from a vendor, what they got and what was important to them. This should open most of your eyes folks. It is really good material. For example, most executives are closely involved long before the sales person learns about an opportunity, and by then it is likely the worst time to approach the C Suite. The book has terrific ideas for doing the homework that is necessary and how this changes from culture to culture. The sectiopn on China is worth the price of the book. Simple down to earth advice, easy to read but do not whip through this book, it is too valuable a read. Their blog
- Soar Despite Your Dodo Sales Manager. Lee B. Salz (regnordman.com)
- Let’s Get Real or Let’s Not Play. Mahan Khalsa
- Target Opportunity Selling. Top Sales Performers Reveal What Really Works. Nicholas A.C. Read
- Practical Pricing. Translating pricing theory into sustainable profit improvement. Michael Calogridis.
- The Complete Guide to Selling Yourself in Today’s Competitive Market. Thomas A. Freese
- Customer history, is it helpful in raising prices? Pricing part 5.