January 19th 2010
I hope every salesman finds this a joke and no longer the truth.
A man dies and finds himself at the Pearly Gates with both St. Peter and the devil. St. Peter says, “You’re not supposed to die for another ten years. We’ll have to send you back.” The man is thrilled, but on his way out he sees one door to Heaven and another to Hell.
He hears a raging party behind the door to Hell and asks the evil standing guard if he can take a peek. The devil says, “Only for a minute.” So he goes through the door to Hell and finds an incredible party, with endless food, champagne, music, and every rock star from history beckoning him to join them. He says, “If this is Hell, I want in‘
When he returns to Earth, he spends the next decade coming every sin he knows, and a few he had to look up on the Internet. Ten years to the day, he dies and meets the devil in front of the door to Hell. As the door opens, he hears no music and sees no party; only brimstone, fire, and the wailing of a thousand damned souls.
He cries, “Wait Where’s the party?‘ The devil smiles and xplains, “Oh, ten years ago you were a prospect. Now you’re a customer.”
From Selling to the C-suite : what every executive wants you tc know about successfully selling to the top / by Nicholas A.C. Read and Stephen J. Bistritz.
- The World in Six Songs. How the musical brain created human nature. Daniel J. Levitin
- Team of Rivals. The political genius of Abraham Lincoln
- Fishing for Love on the Net. A guide for those searching for love. Myles Reed Jr.
- Internet Dough. Create a business internet strategy to make more dough. Don Philabaum.
- The Designful Company. A whiteboard overview. Marty Neumeier.