January 11th 2010
Repositioning. Markeitng in an era of competition, change and crisis. Jack Trout and Steve Rivkin. 2009. ISBN 9780071635592. This is an update after 30 years. With “Repositioning,” you can conquer the “3 Cs” of business: Competition, Change, and Crisis . . .
- BEAT THE COMPETITION: Challenge your rivals, differentiate your product, increase your value, and stand out in the crowd.
- CHANGE WITH THE TIMES: Use the latest technologies, communications, and multimedia resources to connect with your consumers.
- MANAGE A CRISIS: Cope with everything from profi t losses and rising costs to bad press and PR nightmares.
I really like Trouts writing style. He always tries to simplify marketing for all of us. This is the mark (to me) of someone who really understands what he is talking about.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Build the Brand or the Business? – O2 and BT (cloudave.com)
- Industry Consultant Offers Advice for Improved Personal Branding and Career Management (prweb.com)
- Publish or die – marketing style (othersidegroup.com)
- 6 reviews of Public Relations (rateitall.com)
- Trout on Strategy,Capturing Mindshare, Conquering Markets.Jack Trout.
- The skinny on series. The housing crisis, credit cards and willpower. Jim Randel
- Contextual Pricing. The death of list price and the new market reality. Rob Docters, John G. Hansen, Cecilia Nguyen & Michael Barzelay.
- The benefits of a strong clear brand. Lessons from Coca-Cola
- Get Your Money Where Your Mouth Is. David R. Portney