November 21st 2009
Who Runs Britain? ..and who’s to blame for the economic mess we are in. Robert Preston.2008. ISBN 9780340839447. This is the type of book one expects from English journalism. It is concise, accurate, well annotated, and free of any singular point of view. Preston is BBC’s Business Editor and he has penned a definitive study of what has occurred in the UK and the EU brought on by the US financial crisis as well as the many years of bad decisions made by the UK Labour Govts. I could not put the book down as he led me through his facts and clear arguments. If you want to understand the global implications of the financial crisis this is the book for you. If you want to see the fall out from an unrestrained embracement of high net worth capitalism this is also the book for you. If you have concerns about fitrm mismanagement of pensions combined with govt ineptitude, thsi si a book for you. Yes I liked it, but I am partial to business journalists.
- The Unfair Trade. How our broken financial system destroys the middle class. Michael J . Casey
- Roadmap to Revenue. How to sell the way your customers want to buy. Kristin Zhivago.
- The Speed Traders. Edgar Perez. A guest post by Nora McCallum of Scotia McLeod
- Repositioning. Marketing in an era of competition, change and crisis. Jack Trout and Steve Rivkin.
- The Secret Life of France. Lucy Wadham