November 19th 2009
Just read an interview with Samantha Hartley (Enlightened Marketing) who spent several years working for Coca-Cola helping build the brand.
She feels that there are six big benefits from having a clear, authentic and compelling brand:
- A shorter sales cycle
- A lower cost of customer acquisition
- You attract perfect clients
- Your brand can carry a premium price
- Brand Loyalty creates repeat business
- Referrals flow more easily
I agree, even without the compelling examples she details.
You can read more in Lisa Nirell’s new book, Energize Growth Now.(Review to follow)
Related articles by Zemanta
- Coca-Cola to change half of juice packaging (sfgate.com)
- World’s 2 Most Valuable Brands: Coca-Cola, IBM (abcnews.go.com)
- How To Build Brands In A Recession (slideshare.net)
- Coca-Cola vs. Pepsi branding (kottke.org)
- Coca Cola Sends Bloggers Around The World (viralblog.com)
- A focus on branding is a waste of money for start-ups
- Accidental Branding. How ordinary people built extraordinary brands. David Vinjamuri.
- The Experience Effect. Engage your customers with a consistent and memorable brand experience. Jim Joseph.
- Great From the Start. How conscious corporations attract success. John B. Montgomery
- buy-ology Truth and lies about why we buy. Martin Lindstrom.
One Response to: “The benefits of a strong clear brand. Lessons from Coca-Cola”