November 15th 2009
The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs. How to be insanely great in front of any audience. Carmine Gallo.
The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs. How to be insanely great in front of any audience. Carmine Gallo.2010 ISBN 9780071636087. McGraw Hill is sending me these incredible books. This one is a jewel for any one who gives presentations.
For quite some time Rocket Builders has been using techniques such as Gallo explains which we gleaned from watching Jobs and Obama perform, reading Guy Kawasaki‘s guide as well as Presentation Zen and Nancy Duarte’s work. This one is a good easy to read book which benefits from the author, Gallo, being a journalist.(Are my preferences showing? )
You will learn the power of three as it helps you build up a framework to really communicate your story. He lays out the tips that the other pros espouse such as images before words and simplify simplify. Again we hear that the last thing you do is build your slides and just banish all bullets. You also see the famous readability index test that compares Jobs to Bill Gates. Jobs incredible work ethic wrto practising and delivery is also laid out for you. All this and more makes this a worthwhile investment to buy and read this book.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Book Review: The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs (exec-comms.com)
- Who Said It: Bill Gates or Steve Jobs? (QUIZ) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Tips for Creating and Delivering Effective Presentations (slideshare.net)
- Steve Jobs Is THE Man (thetechscoop.net)
- Bill Gates Praises Steve Jobs For Saving Apple From Disaster [Blockquote] (gizmodo.com)
- Presentation Zen. Simple ideas on presentation design and delivery. Garr Reynolds
- Steve Jobs, Walter Isaacson
- Inside Apple. How America’s most advanced- and secretive – company really works. Adam Lashinsky.
- The Designful Company. A whiteboard overview. Marty Neumeier.
- The Pixar Touch. The making of a company. David A Price