November 13th 2009
The Integration Imperative. Erasing markeitng and business development silos – once and for all in professional service firms. Suzanne C. Lowe
The Integration Imperative. Erasing marketing and business development silos – once and for all in professional service firms. Suzanne C. Lowe. 2009. ISBN 9780615292144.
The book is in three parts. First you see how these silos develop and strengthen, then models of how to address it singularly and company wide, and finally several pertinent case studies. All in all a very thorough ambitious book. Yet I was disappointed. The prose is weighty, slightly detached, stopping short of being academic. This is such an important topic that the vehicle of learning should not raise any more barriers to understanding. If you can get through the book and give it your attention, it is very valuable (especially for me was part two). I know several of the firms in the case studies and enjoyed the discussions. A bonus is a good glossary of common words misunderstood in marketing and business development. ( I would argue that marketing and business development should be one department, sales is another. ) She writes a good blog for Marketing fix
Related articles by Zemanta
- Suzanne Lowe: Discover Your Firm’s Marketing Barriers (mpdailyfix.com)
- Professional Services Marketing Hot of the Presses (thecustomercollective.com)
- Client at the Core. Aquila & Marcus
- The Art of Managing Professional Services. Insights from leaders of the world’s top firms. Maureen Broderick.
- Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing.Neil Schaffer.
- Spanning Silos. The New CMO Imperative. David Aaker.
- Twitter Marketing for Dummies. Kyle Lacy – Guest post