September 13th 2009
The World in Six Songs. How the musical brain created human nature. Daniel J. Levitin. 2009. ISBN 9780452295483.
If you enjoyed his, This Is Your Brain On Music, here is the next one to extend your learning. It is about six types of songs and how they perhaps came about as we evolved The six fundamental forms:
- comfort, and
His work fascinates me as he weaves songs that I grew up with along with many others I do not know of, to illustrate exactly his points. As he makes his point I hear the song(s) playing in my head to really reinforce the idea. And then he shows you exactly why that is happening with the scientific proof. This could be one of the most interactive books you will read. Learning should be this much fun all the time. This book will really have use to you if you lead people, sell to people and/or need cross cultural awareness. Check out www.sixsongs.net.
Related articles by Zemanta
- How people read each other’s minds (geeksaresexy.net)
- Businesses using music to deter crime and loitering (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- This Is Your Brain On Music. The science of a human obsession. Daniel J. Levitin
- Dan Levitin, LIve today
- Hominds. Humans. Hybrids. The Neanderthal Parallax Trilogy . Robert J. Sawyer
- brain rules. 12 principles for surviving and thriving at work, home and school. John Medina
- To Sell Is Human. The surprising truth about moving others. Daniel H. Pink.