August 15th 2009
who’s got your back. The secret to finding the 3 people who will change your life. Keith Ferrazzi. 2009. ISBN 9780385521338. Keith wrote the very enjoyable. Never Eat Alone. Now he comes up with an even better book that is relevant to us all who try to be authentic in every way.
I knew he was on top of things when he quoted an exchange at one of his Greenlight Group meetings.
” I really do not think my sales group is up to snuff. ”
“Yes? So what is your marketing group saying? ”
“What does that have to do with it? I am having trouble with my sales. ”
“Well, it usually comes back to what marketing is saying.”
Had to love the guy right off the bat!
He has four mindsets that you need in order to proceed:
The tenets he lays out for high performance relationships and companies have somethings in common with The Rockefeller Habits, but this book goes much further. You need:
- a vision cw an exit strategy
- chemistry & curiosity
On top of the wonderful stuff in the book there is a host of supporting info on his website and blog:
I especially liked his chapter on what this means for team based sales. It is extremely relevant in todays’ selling environment. Read it on the website
Buy this one and read it a few times. Get one for your children Well written and clear, I found it hard to put down.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Keith Ferrazzi, Seth Godin and Me (ducttapemarketing.com)
- Keith Ferrazzi’s Who’s Got Your Back: Relationship Habitudes (converstations.com)
- Who’s Got Your Back (ducttapemarketing.com)
- B2B Marketing is NOT a Speed Sport (thecustomercollective.com)
- How B2B Marketing Became Responsible For EVERYTHING (and how to reverse it) (thecustomercollective.com)
- never eat alone. And other secrets to success, one relationship at a time. Keith Ferrazzi.
- The Heart of Marketing. Love your customers and they will love you back. Judith Sherven & Jim Sniechowski.
- Pop! Stand out in any crowd. Sam Horn
- How to Say It:Business to Business Selling. Geoffrey James.
- Snap Selling. Speed up sales and win new business with today’s frazzled customers. Jill Konrath