July 31st 2009
How to REALLY Use LinkedIn. Jan Vermeiren. 2009. ISBN 9789081188630. www.how-to-really-use-linkedin.com The author has done a very very good job with this book. I have used LinkedIn for several years and felt pretty competent with it, but this chap has identified so many tools and tips on using it I feel like a newby all over. Such tips as keeping up with one tool for all your social networks (Hellotxt), using LinkedIn as a steroid fueled people finder, job finder, to increase networking, locating new suppliers or partners, he pretty well covers them all. His comments on using Groups is worht the price of the book alone. I installed the LinkedIN Outlook toolbar and was amazed at the capabilities now in the tool, (especially good in keeping Outlook contact data up to date, goodby Plaxo!) The firefox toolbar also has some hidden gems wrto extracting contact info from websites. If you job/career requires maintaining a good network, this is a must read and implement book. Google finds information, LinkeIn finds people.
Related articles by Zemanta
- The Art of Social Selling. Finding and Engaging Customers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Other Social Networks.Shannon Belew
- Maximum Success With LinkedIn. Dan Sherman
- LinkedIn Marketing Blueprint. 21 days to building an influential linkedin presence. Edmund Lee.
- socialnomics. how social media transforms the way we live and do business. erik qualman
- Maximizing LinkedIn for Sales and Social Media Marketing.Neil Schaffer.