June 29th 2009
Prime Rib & Box Cars. Whatever happened to Victoria Station? Tom Blake.2006. ISBN 0972796622. A chronicle from a very early employee on the rise and crash of Victoria Station. (We had one in Vancouver). This could also be history lesson on the 70′s hedonism of California-based business. Live, work, and party large and hard. Well- paced book, easy read and he does a good job of taking you through the time. The author has talent as a copywriter and that shows with the clarity of the text. This is also a lesson for young brash entrepreneurs who are in a rush to grow.
- Kick-Ass Copywriting in 10 Easy Steps. Build the buzz and sell the sizzle. Susan Gunelius
- Is your company worthy enough to employ a headhunter ?
- The Heart of Marketing. Love your customers and they will love you back. Judith Sherven & Jim Sniechowski.
- The Creative Habit. Twyla Tharp
- Reality Check. The irreverant guide to outsmarting, outmanaging, and outmarketing your competition. Guy Kawasaki.