June 15th 2009
Get Your Money Where Your Mouth Is. How to use seminars and public speaking to market and promote your business, profession , or passion – profitably. David R. Portney 2009. ISBN 0976111179. This is a decent primer on public speaking as a business. But it is a really good example of non stop marketing and sales pitching on just about every page of the book. He gives you the simple step by step process of how to do this and all the logistics broken down into achievable bits. He follows the rules of marketing very well as well as giving you realistic expectations for the business. So if you can get past the pure US model rah rah selling style there is value in the book. It is very clearly written. watch for it on Amazon
Related articles by Zemanta
- 4 Keys to Great Public Speaking (ismckenzie.com)
- How to Market Yourself During a Recession (abcnews.go.com)
- How-to Be a Great Public Speaker (deanhunt.com)
- How To Select Which Type Of Speech To Use (howtowriteaspeech.net)
- The Power Presenter. Technique, style and strategy from America’s speaking coach. Jerry Weissman. (regnordman.com)
- Spanning Silos. The New CMO Imperative. David Aaker.
- The Power Presenter. Technique, style and strategy from America’s speaking coach. Jerry Weissman.
- Customer Service books
- Style. Toward clarity and grace. Joseph M. Williams
- Secrets of Social Media Marketing. How to use online conversations and customer communities to turbo charge your business. Paul Gillin