May 18th 2009
Finding the Sweet Spot. The natural entrepreneurs guide to responsible, sustainable, joyful work. Dave Pollard
Finding the Sweet Spot. The natural entrepreneurs guide to responsible, sustainable, joyful work. Dave Pollard. 2008. ISBN 9781933392905. A guide to finding where your gifts, passions and purpose interact. I could not put this book down. Just when I thought I had heard a lot of this before, Pollard would come up with the twist that really made sense. He is a skilled writer, who pulls a lot out of the reader. So much in this little book (195pp) For example we all too often find work due to our gifts, rarely do we share the passion of our hobbies at work and even less so have we found our purpose for being here. The author gives you a blueprint on how to help yourself find all this. In another section , he quickly much of what my firm, Rocket Builders, used to consider its own secret sauce wrto effective market research methods and meaningful analysis. You could say this is one chapter or a whole book on meaningful innovation. A surprise and a joy to read. Hard to believe the author was an accountant for 27 years and not a journalist.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Virtual Market Research (futurelab.net)
- brain rules. 12 principles for surviving and thriving at work, home and school. John Medina (regnordman.com)
- Jack Covert Selects – The Pleasures and Sorrows of Work by 800-CEO-READ (800ceoread.com)
- Danger. Marketing Researcher at Work. Terry Haller.
- The Virtual Executive. How to act like a CEO online and offline. D.A. Benton
- Pricing and Profitability Management. A practical guide for business leaders. Meehan, Simonetto, Montan & Goodin.
- Small Giants. Bo Burlington.
- Purpose. The Starting Point of Great Companies. Nikos Mourkogiannis