March 24th 2009
Leadership in the Era of Economic Uncertainty. The new rules for getting the right things done in difficult times. Ram Charan
Leadership in the Era of Economic Uncertainty. The new rules for getting the right things done in difficult times. Ram Charan. 2009. ISBN 9780071626163. Very helpful little book with the kind of advice Charan is famous for. I took away a few things that made a lot of sense. Assume the worst scenario and plan for it. If things are not that bad you can adjust later. It is human nature to think that things can not be that bad.
Once you have the plan in place, create a plan for the when things get better – you will have the advantage over those who do not move quickly enough. Thus the Lehman CEO went down while the Merrill Lynch CEO lives to fight another day.
Related articles by Zemanta
- What boards must do in the crisis (money.cnn.com)
- There’s no such thing as “best companies” (feldmanfile.blogspot.com)
- The Flaw in the System: The Bankers Don’t Care About the Banks (bravenewfilms.org)
- Repositioning. Marketing in an era of competition, change and crisis. Jack Trout and Steve Rivkin.
- Family , Kids and Money. Kevin O’Leary
- Change or Die. Alan Deutschman. The three keys to change at work and life.
- Pattern Recognition. William Gibson.
- Execution. Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan. The discipline of getting things done