March 4th 2009
The Power Presenter. Technique, style and strategy from America’s speaking coach. Jerry Weissman. 2009. ISBN 9780470376485. A very useful book in tandem with Presentation Zen. Concise and to the point this book will open your eyes and guide you to vastly improved presentations. Whether it is for launching your IPO or an internal presentation you will find great use from this book. I really enjoyed his analysis of what you can learn from Obama’s style. Also you get the in depth look at how Reagan became the great communicator. I had not seen anyone show how Bill Clinton and Geo W.Bush both vastly improved their speaking styles. Good book for your library – buy it, read it and use it.
- Get Your Money Where Your Mouth Is. David R. Portney
- Leadership The Barack Obama Way. Make Change Happen.Shel Leanne.
- Instant Appeal: the 8 primal factors that create blockbuster success. Vicki Kunkel
- The Bully Pulpit. Theodore Roosevelt, Howard Taft and the Golden Age of Journalism. Doris Kearns Goodwin.
- The Snowball. Warren Buffett and the business of life. Alice Schroeder