March 4th 2009
Instant Appeal: the 8 primal factors that create blockbuster success. Vicki Kunkel. 2009 ISBN 9780814409466. This book looks at the power of persuasion from a completly different point of view. Where The Power Presenter by Weissman based on decades of practise and results , Instant Appeal adds a very detailed research component to her years of practise and results. The net is that Kunkel shows you the how and the why of things working based on Universal Human traits, while Weissman uses his North American experience. Thus the Kunkel suggestions would seem applicable on a much wider world stage.
You will learn a lot from this book on basic communications and how much you can improve. This is not an easy read, yet the style is conversational and flows well. Kunkel could have used some much tighter editing to increase the white space on a page with a focus on using bullets and so on to help the reader retain the core concepts. I noticed that the last few chapters had paid more attention to how people learn making it easier to extract and retain the core lesson. Definitely abook to buy, read and reread.
- Storytelling. Klaus Fog, Christian Budtz, & Baris Yakaboylu
- Client at the Core. Aquila & Marcus
- Winning the Battle For Sales. Lessons on closing every deal from the world’s greatest military victories. John Golden.
- Pose Method Of Running. Nicholas Romanov.
- Jeff Bezos on Company culture (from Change or Die -Alan Deutschman)