February 18th 2009
And now for something completely different.
I am about to head out on a two week holiday (Some call this a reading break, others a respite before a fire hose of book reviews comes down the pipe) My wife and I have been chatting about how busier I have become again. She has indicated that the cutting back work gig has not really taken hold. In fact I am as much a workaholic as ever. So she has decided to work more since I am.
For those who do not know, my spouse, Amanda is a senior Executive Assistant with loads of experience in many different Western businesses (Oil sands through to Engineering companies and judges) . In order to do my bit I am asking a favor from my local readers over the next few weeks.
For the last few jobs she has been called in to “clean up the mess”
e.g when someone retires after many years in a job – who did not throw anything away.
She also worked on Ballard’s split off of the R&D group after the sale
and organized all the admin stuff – what to keep, throw, archive, move.
She gets along with anybody, but also gets the work done.
(I can testify that she is really organized, confidential and thorough)
Her ideal job might be with a sales group .
I said it would be something completely different. Talk to you again in two weeks.
Related articles by Zemanta
- TimeBridge takes the headache out of group meetings (venturebeat.com)
- Top 10 Outlook Boosters (lifehacker.com)
- The Power of Why. Amanda Lang.
- Now for something completely different – A river cruise in the South of France next May
- Take the Cold out of Cold Calling. Web Search Secrets. Sam Richter
- I am going Live tonite! Speaking to tomorrows leaders of industry
- Slow Down, Sell Faster! understand your customer’s buying process and maximize your sales. Kevin Davis.