February 4th 2009
The Designful Company. A whiteboard overview. Marty Neumeier. 2009. ISBN 9780321580061. An easy to read but insightful look at the impact of design on long term profits and shareholder value. I have waited a long time for an analysis like this. You will find a well thought out and logical train from the core of design to the company bottom line. Lesson learned was the story of Samsung and how a focus on design has resluted in significant product growth. There are lots of folks with the CEO/designer genes beyond Steve Jobs in the world. Good airplane book in that you do not need many words to speak the truth.
Related articles by Zemanta
- When Steve Jobs Met Tim Cook (Nick Wingfield/Digits) (techmeme.com)
- God Save the Scene: How Music Can Still Save Itself (jossip.com)
- The Pixar Touch. The making of a company. David A Price
- The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs. How to be insanely great in front of any audience. Carmine Gallo.
- Steve Jobs, Walter Isaacson
- Inside Apple. How America’s most advanced- and secretive – company really works. Adam Lashinsky.
- Presentation Zen. Simple ideas on presentation design and delivery. Garr Reynolds