January 24th 2009
(Just buy it) When I read a book and find it really insightful/useful you can tell my the number of Post It stickies attached to pages. I used an entire package on this book.! If Sharon Drew Morgen is the #1 practitioner of the ultimate qualifying phone call, Khalsa is No 1 in the consultative sale and follow- up. With these two authors, you really need little else for the study of sales. The author has worked for the Covey Cos since 1995, and he has devoted his consultancy to this work. It took me quite some time to track down a copy of this book but it was well worth it. You can read an excerpt at http://www.salesandmarketing.com/msg/content_display/publications/e3i242d4f5a38e931fe06f043a0f860a0b2.
His company is the sales performance group. http://www.franklincovey.com/SPG/about_m_khalsa.html
The real gold items for me were his consistent responses to actions that happen in every b2b sales situation. He has a process, plans and activities that help you help your clients succeed. A very ethical person comes through in this book.
- Sales on the Line. Sharon Drew Morgen.
- Dirty Little Secrets: Why sellers can’t sell and buyers can’t buy, and what you can do about it. Sharon Drew Morgen
- Lets Get Real or Lets Not Play. The Demise of 20th Century Selling &
- Soar Despite Your Dodo Sales Manager. Lee B. Salz
- The Heart of Marketing. Love your customers and they will love you back. Judith Sherven & Jim Sniechowski.