January 13th 2009
How we Lead matters. Reflections on a life of leadership. Marilyn Carlson Nelson. 2008. ISBN 9780071600170. Marilyn Carlson Nelson was CEO of Carlson, which had brands such as Radisson, Regent, carlson Wagon Lit Travel, T.G.I Fridays, Carlson mMarketing, and other hotel chains. This little book is very inspirational and useful for any leader. She goes beyond the obvious platitude method by applying every idea to a situation she faced. I also enjoyed that each idea was prefaced by a short famous quotation that was vey apt. I found myself re reading the quotation after the article as well. The kind of book you put on your bedside table to ispire you each day. It does not have to be rushed through – but savoured. Truth has no need to be wordy.
- The New Rules of Lead Generation. Proven strategies to maximize marketing roi. David T. Scott
- Winning Body Language for Sales Professionals. Control the conversation and connect with your customer – without saying a word. Mark Bowden & Andrew Ford.
- Buying In. The secret dialogue between what we buy and who we are. Rob Walker
- Leadership Secrets of Hillary Clinton. Rebecca Shambaugh
- The Truth About Leads. Revealing little-known secrets that focus your lead-generation efforts, align your sales and marketing organizations and drive revenue. Dan McDade.