January 11th 2009
Blog Blazers. 40 top bloggers share their secrets. Stephanie Grenier. 2008. ISBN 9780981085203. OK if you want to really be businesslike about your blog (or your companies blog), this is one meaty little book. If you have no ambitions/questions/ideas about blogging, skip this post.
Take my example, I read the book slowly, enjoying the nuggets that each of the bloggers shared. When I finished the book, I had a full day of work ahead to add the first five things to what I was already doing with this blog. My support guy wishes I had never read the book I am sure, since I have another ten things to do next update day.
This book reinforced and dramatically increased my utility and usage of Twitter, Stumbledupon and de.lic.ious . I updated my Digg account and picked up that RSS feed to Google Reader – awesome. I have new ideas about trackbacks, retweets and commenting.
This book is likely the leadng best practises on blogging repository at the moment. If this is
something you care about, you need this book.
You can get it on Amazon.com
Related articles by Zemanta
- How to get a Twitter feed in Google Reader
- Make the Most out of FeedBurner’s Feeds-by-Email Service
- FeedCronicle.com – Custom RSS Newspaper
- 10 tools for listening in social media
- Social Media in 2009: Our Predictions and Desires
- HOW TO: Use Your Blog’s Domain as a Lifestream
- High volume posting blogs need *3* post max per day best of feed
- Oh Google Reader – you have really screwed up my day
- My Blog roll
- Twitter Marketing for Dummies. Kyle Lacy – Guest post
- Born to Blog. Building your blog for business and business success one post at at time. Mark Schaeffer & Stanford A. Smith.
- Maximize Your Social. A one-stop guide to building a social media strategy for marketing and business success. Neil Schaffer