June 8th 2008
Rain Making. 2nd Ed. Attract New Clients No Matter What Your Field. Ford Harding. 2008. I read ed.1 in 1995 and found it a terrific resource. Ed.2 has been completely rewritten with much new material, so it is a essentially new book. Every client I work with has service as a significant part of their revenue. This book is the definitive guide to sales and marketing of services. It is clearly written, making it an easy read, but there is so much pragmatic material on measuring and implementing these tested and true ideas, that this should be your revenue bible. Buy it, read it, and keep it close.
Also check out Ford’s site and blog
- Cross-Selling Success. Ford Harding
- Cross Selling Success. Ford Harding. A rainmakers guide to professional account development
- Strengths Based Selling. Tony Rutigliano & Brian Brim.
- ROI Selling. Increasing revenue, profit & customer loyalty through the 360 deg. sales cycle. Michael J. Nick & Kurt M. Koenig
- Duct Tape Marketing. The World’s Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide. John Jantsch