November 7th 2007
Customer Satisfaction is Worthless. Customer Loyalty is Priceless. Jeffrey Gitomer. 1998, 2007. ISBN 188516730x. This was the one Gitomer book I had not read. Each of his books is so much fun to read, and they are so right on the money. As a long time sales guy, I always learn something new from Jeffrey, including in his weekly newspaper columns., and sales caffeine newsletter. Priceless words on every page such as;
- Customer satisfaction is at an all-time high . Customer loyalty is at an all-time low.
- Companies only train once in a while instead of every day.
- 80 % of US business is based on Word of Mouth.
- Be a student first, always a student.
- College education prepares you to play “Jeopardy” and “Trivial Pursuit”. The rest of what you need to learn about your success you have to learn on your own.The courses you really need they never gave.
- He quotes Jim Rohn, “Formal education will earn you a living.Self education will earn you a fortune.You determine how much fortune you will earn by how much self-education you decide to get.”
This book overdelivers in true Gitomer style. He believes that serving is the extension of selling. We do too.
- Little Red Book of Selling. Jeffrey Gitomer
- Waiting for Your Cat to Bark. Bryan & Jeffrey Eisenberg.
- Disrupting Class. How disruptive innovation will change the way the world learns. Clayton Christensen, Michael Horn & Curtis Johnson.
- I am going Live tonite! Speaking to tomorrows leaders of industry
- Customers for Life.