April 24th 2007
Focus. The Future of Your Company Depends on it. Al Ries. 1996. ISBN 978006799908. Yes , 1996! Found this in a book-bin and realized that although I have read his successive books on marketing I never read the original book where he presented all his and Laura Reis’ research. This is a trip back in time, but his predictions are uncanny! Lesson learned, he suggested IBM should move to “open source” long long ago. I defy you to read this and not have second thoughts about brand, message, and marketing today. Absolutely timeless book, despite the examples being all over 11 yrs old! Great for the bookshelf and a regular reference book. Pretty cheap these days!
- The Fall of Advertising & the Rise of PR. Ries and Ries
- Clients for Life: Evolving from an Expert-For-Hire to an Extraordinary Adviser. Jagdish Sheth & Andrew Sobel.
- Execution. Larry Bossidy & Ram Charan. The discipline of getting things done
- Strategic Sales Presentations. Jack Malcolm.
- Princess Cruises is in trouble- a recap of preventable problems