September 19th 2006
Winning. Jack Welch with Suzy Welch. I am beginning to really like Jack
Welch’s writing. Not only is Suzy a polished writer herself, but as a
result of all his speaking and consulting since leaving GE, his work is
more concise and applicable than before. He has a weekly podcast of
their BusinessWeek columns that is short, pithy and useful. Each chapter
in this book is clear and targeted to a specific issue. I especially
picked up on his section on competition, which includes one of the
shortest and effective treatments on strategy we have seen. This will
be a well used management book in your library. It is quick and an easy
read, but the lessons are hard learned.
- The Most Effective Organization in the United States. Robt. Watson
- Guerilla Marketing for Consultants. Jay Conrad Levinson
- What made Jack Welch Jack Welch. How ordinary people became extraordinary leaders. Stephen H. Baum & Dave Conti
- The Irresistible Offer. Mark Joyner
- Wharton on Dynamic Competitive Strategy. Day, Reibstein and Gunther.