September 15th 2006
The Tycoons. Charles R. Morris 2005. ISBN 0805075992. How Andrew
Carnegie, John D. Rockefeller, Jay Gould and J.P. Morgan Invented the
American Supereconomy. I agree with Truman that the future is just
history you have not read about, then this book will be a definite
treat. Did you know that studying the 1800s US railway build outs would
have foretold exactly what would happen when the world built out so much
fibre/bandwidth in the “bubble?” For the China/India watcher lots of
lessons to be learned from what went on in the US in the late 1800s and
early 1900s. Aside from a strategy reading delight, the writing is a
treat in these times of books written to a grade five level. When was
the last time you used “epistolic”? Enjoy!
- Selling Air. Dan Herchenroether
- The Power of Productivity. William W. Lewis
- Prime Rib & Box Cars. Whatever happened to Victoria Station? Tom Blake.
- Customer Loyalty Guaranteed. Create, Lead and Sustain Remarkable Customer Service. Chip R. Bell & John R. Patterson.
- The Iran Threat. President Ahmadinejad and the coming nuclear crisis. Alireza Jafarzadeh.