April 15th 2005
The Fall of Advertising & the Rise of PR
The Fall of Advertising & the Rise of PR. Al Ries a Laura Ries. 2002. ISBN 0060081988. Advertising is brand maintenance. PR is brand building. So when was the last time you believed an ad and looked for the hot new product? Not! If you are like me you are more susceptible to a piece of new product copy from an industry analyst , generated by good PR. Those of us in Tech have found out the value of PR a long time ago, but this short little book is an excellent lesson. Very readable and quick, the truths keep rolling off the pages, plus the examples are great! This is a keeper, with lessons we should tattoo in a highly visible place.
- Stopwatch Marketing.Take charge of the time when your customer decides to buy. John Rosen, Annamaria Turano
- Alexanders the Great’s Art of Strategy. Partha Bose.
- Little Brother. Cory Doctorow.
- The Best Service is No Service. Bill Price and David Jaffee, a guest post by David Greer
- Blockbusters. Gary .S. Lynn, Richard R. Reilly, The five keys to developing great new products