February 18th 2005
Everybody Wins. The Story and Lessons Behind REMAX. Phil Harkins and Keith Hollihan. 2005. ISBN 0471710245. The two researchers were looking at High Growth/High Impact Global Companies and had selected and studied; BMW, Canon, Toyota, McDonald’s, Nokia and Wal-Mart. They had analyzed what these companies did to achieve their amazing long term run. Then they stumbled over REMAX and were just blown away. By all their criteria, REMAX would be number one in their study. This book became all about REMAX with the study as an appendix. (Two books in one) REMAX became an in-depth long term field study using their research criteria. If Wal-Mart is the world’s no 1 retailer by dollar volume, REMAX’s 100 000 agents do 25% more dollar volume in transactions annually. The book is a good easy read, full of lots of insightful stories. However, I suggest this is must read library book, not a keeper. The lessons are well learned but its not a marketing reference tome. It does compete very well with Good to Great though.
- Your Company culture often works to resist raising prices. Pricing part 4
- 2007 The Sales Force of the Future Study Results. Ben Ball . Dechert-Hempe & Company
- The Wal-Mart Effect. Charles Fishman
- Precision Sales and Marketing is more than getting better at selling
- Marketing Champions. Practical strategies for improving marketing’s power, influence, and business impact. Young, Weiss, & Stewart
One Response to: “Everybody Wins. Phil Harkins and Keith Hollihan.”